Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Costco Green Spinach Smoothie

A few months ago we made one of our best purchases ever... we bought (or as my husband puts it, we invested in) a Vita Mix and ever since we've gone smoothie happy.

Pictured above is the famous green smoothie recipe that sold us.  I never in my life thought that I would actually drink my spinach, but I do now..... and I tell you the truth, it tastes great!!!!  I'd love to hear what you think of this recipe after you try it.  It was given to us by the Vita Mix lady at Costco.

Here's the recipe:

1/2 container of frozen white grape juice concentrate (the one with the yellow lid)
1/4 slice of lime with peel
1/4 slice of orange without peel
1/4 slice of apple
2 slices of pineapple
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 cup of ice

In your Vita Mix start off at low and increase  your speed to10 and blend on high for about 1 minute using tamper.  You can also add other frozen fruits of your choice and sometimes we even add flax seed.

And that's it!  Take my word for it, you'll really enjoy this smoothie, our kids love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment